Wurth Adams, a division of the German-based Würth Group, is one of the world’s largest distributors of assembly components and has been operating in Minnesota since 1997. The company provides over 420,000 line items, ranging from small parts and assembly materials for industrial needs, personal protection equipment, and technical-chemical products. We helped develop a plan for their new headquarters in Brooklyn Park, combining warehouse distribution, shipping and loading docks, and corporate office headquarters all in one new facility.
- Complete a peer review to determine the needs of the company and offer a plan to Wurth Adams that focuses on shipping logistics but also provides office space for employees.
- Coordinate an architect and general contractor to design and build a new headquarters from the ground up that consolidates warehouse industrial distribution facilities and offices for employees.
- Determine how many drive up doors and loading docks are needed to accommodate shipping needs and delivery trucks.
- Work directly with the CFO to plan a relocation strategy into a new facility in Brooklyn Park, three miles away from the former headquarters.
- Create a warehouse space that could eventually accommodate an automated hardware shipping system, including a concrete floor with a certain thickness.
- Wurth Adams moved its headquarters from Maple Grove and consolidated several manufacturing and distribution operations in a $32 million 145,000 sf building.
- The new headquarters is home to 160 consolidated employees, combining 108,000 sf of warehouse space and 37,000 of office space.
- The warehouse portion includes a mezzanine, 40 feet clear, and is equipped to accommodate the future installation of a fully automated racking system that will eventually be imported from the parent company in Germany.
- The office space has a modern aesthetic setting itself apart from the industrial aspects of the headquarters, including sophisticated technology, training areas, and a fitness center.
- After the building construction was complete, we also helped manage the move and transition of employees to new space.