Self Esteem Brands is the parent company of Anytime Fitness and Waxing the City, as well as other affiliates including Provision Security Solutions, Healthy Contributions, PumpOne, and Franchise Real Estate.
Cushman & Wakefield was originally hired to provide project management services for a new headquarters for Anytime Fitness, tasked with designing, planning, and building the project from the ground up. The the goal of the facility was not only to consolidate office employees from two existing sites but also to accommodate the company’s future growth. Prior to our involvement, the site had been selected and the project was running into schedule challenges.
The success of the headquarters project led to a 10-store pilot program for Anytime Fitness and Waxing the City locations across the country. We are currently the preferred project management firm for Self Esteem Brands and franchisees.
- Quickly design, plan, and build a class-A office headquarters that represents the unique culture of Anytime Fitness and its franchisees.
- Integrate timeline and budgeting plans to get the project back on schedule and completed on time.
- Assemble a team with multiple disciplines to fully service the corporate vision and the expectations of the founders and executives.
- Incorporate meeting areas and technology resources in the new building, allowing employees to engage with franchisees (both on-site and remotely).
- Maximize the wetland preservation and nature setting on which the new building sits.
- Transition Anytime Fitness corporate employees from the two current office locations in Hastings and St Paul into the new headquarters and educate employees on occupancy systems for their new facilities.
- The project management team delivered a brand new, 80,000-sf, $32-million headquarters facility, built from the ground up with additional space to accommodate the company’s future growth.
- The new work area features high-end finishes and modern design to highlight the company’s culture, including several Skype-enabled conference rooms enabling communication with franchisees.
- The building incorporates technology and security features that allow the building to serve as the main data center for the company’s 2.5 million customers.
- Features of the new headquarters include a tattoo parlor, fitness center, and waxing room, as well as outdoor features such as amphitheater, fire pit, nature trails, adult jungle gym, and zip-line.
- 175 workers were consolidated from the previous office spaces to the new headquarters.