Cushman & Wakefield provided construction management and project management services for this 710,000-sf office tower and retail center, including oversight for a significant repositioning and renovation. The project focused on converting two floors of retail and food court tenant spaces into office space, renovating and re-orienting three floors of retail and restaurant space into retail, and creating amenity spaces with new common areas, conference rooms, fitness center, and a security / concierge desk.
- Understand the client’s unique renovation and rebranding needs for updating the space.
- Identify required service providers, such as architect, engineers, specialty consultants, and contractors.
- Lead the project team to effectively manage decisions and oversee the overall project budget and master project schedule.
- Assist in the governmental approval process.
- Identify qualified general contractors and assist in the selection process and negotiation of “cost plus fee” contract with a guaranteed maximum price (GMP) during the design development phase.
- Construction phasing was implemented and minimized disruption to tenants.
- Programmatic requirements were developed and allowed the renovated retail atrium to complement the existing office tower.
- An open atrium and building lobby was created by replacing a stone partition between the tower and retail space with a new glass wall.
- Exterior remodeling added new windows and enlarged existing openings to bring more natural light into the new office spaces.
- Approximately $200,000 in construction savings were returned to the client upon completion.
- Occupancy levels since repositioning have increased to 96% from 80% pre-renovation.